Making an Offer
When you find that perfect home that you really want the next step is to prepare and submit the offer. You might worry that someone else will scoop it before you but don’t worry. My job as your real estate agent is to make sure you get that perfect home at a price that works for you.
The Offer is the documentation I present to the seller’s agent outlining the price you are willing to pay along with any contingencies (conditions).
The price we offer is critical. You want the price to reflect the true market value of the home so the seller will take you seriously but you don’t want to overpay for the home either.
How the Offer Process Works
- This is what typically happens when you make an offer on a home.
- I will suggest a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller without overpaying for the home.
- I may also suggest some conditions be included for your protection such as passing a home inspection, appraisal, and financing.
- I will prepare the offer and have you sign it (usually digitally) and present it to the listing agent.
- If the offer is not accepted the seller may make a counter-offer. If that happens we will discuss the counter offer and determine the next steps.
- Once we reach an agreement I’ll help you schedule any inspections, appraisals, etc.
- Once all the terms of the offer are met we meet with the Title company and sign the proper paperwork and the home is transferred to you.
This can often be a stressful time but my job is to minimize the stress. Rest assured that you have a professional in your corner who knows how to get deals done. I will take care of making sure every detail is handled and that we keep on schedule for a successful closing.
Have questions? Interested in finding a home of your own? Just submit the form below, email me, or give me a call.